Installation notes for the Load Flow Studies Workbook.
1. Download the zipped Workbook to a convenient location on your hard disk by clicking on the link.
2. Locate the zipped version and unzip it, e.g. by a mouse right click and following the options for unzipping revealed in the drop-down box.
3. The Workbook uses some so-called Engineering functions, mainly complex number operations, which are not necessarily available with a standard Excel installation. Check by starting Excel, select Tools - Add Ins and tick Analysis ToolPak, Analysis ToolPak VBA and Solver Add-In, click 'OK'.
4. Open the Load Flow Studies Excel Workbook.
5. When entering data it is helpful to inhibit recalculation until data entry is complete. Recalculation is controlled by selecting Tools - Options - Calculation Tab. Under Calculation options select 'Manual', then OK. Calculation is initiated manually by pressing the F9 key.